|Message from Chairman
66th IEC Meeting, Montpellier, France, 2015 [Previous Agendas]
66th IEC Meeting,Montpellier, France, 2015 [Previous Minutes]
1. Irrigated oil palm production in Brazil for bioenergy uses: opportunities and challenges, Edson BARCELOS, Brazil
2. Background Study to Review and Assess Known Principles & Current Information on Biofuel Production under Irrigated Conditions, Helen Fyles et al, Canada
3, Biofuel development in China and its potential impacts, Tian Fuqiang, China
4, Biofuels Situation in India – Input to ICID TF Position Paper on Biofuels, Amit Dutta, India
5, The Scope of Production and Usage of Biofuels in Nepal, Uttam Raj Timilsina, Nepal
6. Biofuels Situation in South Africa – input to ICID TF Position Paper on Biofuels, A.J. Sanewe, A S Roux G Jewitt, R Kunz, South Africa
Download SALTMED 2015: (i) Saltmed_2015 (Part 1) (Size: 92 MB); (ii) Saltmed_2015 (Part 2) (Size: 92 MB); (iii) Saltmed_2015 (Part 3) (Size: 92 MB); and (iv) Saltmed_2015 (Part 4) (Size: 24 MB)
Please first create a single folder on your desktop or in your “C” drive named “SALTMED 2015”, then download all the four parts (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, and Part 4) into the “SALTMED 2015” folder you have created. Inside the downloaded “SALTMED 2015” folder right click on the “saltmed_2015.part1.rar” and select extract using 'EXTRACT HERE' option to bring all the contents of the four *.RAR files into the same folder (SALTMED 2015) you created. Pleae make sure that all the four files are inside the folder before extracting. Before installing the model, please read the files” Read me.doc“ first then read file “User Guide.pdf”.
- To promote the efficient use of water in crop production;
- To provide input to test crop water models;
- To investigate the use of energy crops for biofuel production;
- To develop techniques for rainfall harvesting;
- To promote the multifunctionality of water use in paddy rice cultivation;
- To investigate the adaptation of agriculture to climate change; and
- To promote low input agriculture.
MISSION STATEMENT :The Working Group supports work to promote the sustainable use of natural resources for crop production. The Group aims to develop guidelines, methodologies, techniques and models for sustainable and integrated management of such resources.
Established : 2007-2019
- WG on Crops and Water Use (1986-1997)
- Renamed as WG on Sustainable Use of Natural Resources for Crop Production (WG- CROP) (1997)
- Renamed Working Group on Water and Crops (WG-CROP) in 2007 to 2019
Members: (1) VPH Dr. Ragab Ragab, Chairman (UK, 2007); (2) Vice President Hon. Mr. Laurie C. Tollefson, Vice-Chairman (Canada, 2009); (3) Dr. K. Yella Reddy, Secretary, 2010 (India, 2009); (4) Dr. Koji Inosako (Japan, 2010); (5) Prof. Mohd Amin Mohd Soom (Malaysia, 2011); (6) Prof. Dr. Magdi T. Abdelhamid (Egypt, 2011); (7) Mrs. Gao Hong (China, 2012); (8) Prof. Dr. Allah Bakhsh, Provisional Member (Pakistan, 2015); (9) Ir. Adang Saf Ahmad, Provisional Member (Indonesia, 2015); (10) Dr. P. Soman (Direct Member), JISL, Provisional Member (India, 2015); (11) Mr. Syaiful Mahdi, Observer (Indonesia, 2015); and (12) Secretary General, ICID.
Permanent Observers: (i) FAO representative; (ii) Mr. Herbert H. van Lier (CIGR); (iii) Prof. D. Wrachien (Italy); and (iv) ICRISAT representative.